Important Changes to Skin Allergy Tests at Bliss Hair Salons in Nottingham & Loughborough
Following the closure of hair salons due to the coronavirus pandemic, our Governing bodies have given us some guidance with regards to skin allergy tests for hair colour clients. We will of course have records of your last visits if you are unsure, but please check through the below criteria for skin tests and get in touch with us to arrange a quick visit to your local Bliss salon to have your test carried out.
Pre-Lockdown AAT/Skin Test Advice
1. Regular clients with the same colour formula on each salon visit
These clients would only need annual skin tests to ensure continued compatibility with our hair colour products.
2. Regular clients who want to change colour, brand or shade
A new skin test would need to be carried out 48 prior to the colour change appointment and recorded. Annual skin testing would apply if not changed after this appointment.
3. New colour client to salon or regular client who is new to hair colour
A skin test would be carried out following a consultation but at least 48 hours prior to first colour appointment. If there are no colour formula changes following this then annual skin test will be required.
Post COVID-19 AAT/Skin Test Advice
1. Regular colour clients who have not coloured at home during lockdown and had Bliss salon colour in the last 6 months
Can be booked in for a colour appointment with no need for a skin test.
2. Regular colour client who has used box dye at home during lockdown
Booked in for a colour consultation, skin and compatibility tests required alongside haircut. We will provide hair care advice and support to prepare hair before colouring. Please be honest with us if you have used a box dye at home, we will not judge but it will affect how we perform your hair colour service.
3. Regular colour client who wants to change their colour result since their last visit before lockdown
Skin test, condition and any compatibility tests will need to be carried.
4. Clients who have tested positive for Covid-19 since their last visit or who have had a change in their medical history
Skin test must be carried out at least 48 hours prior to hair colour appointment.
We may need longer during services to work on long regrowth, excessive colour fade or correcting home hair colour problems.